2018 Show Your Colours Competition
– Terms and Conditions –
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- Any entrant found to have used multiple Twitter or Instagram accounts to enter the same entry will be ineligible.
(Twitter: http://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules and
Instagram: http://instagram.com/legal/terms/ and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/terms.php
WHO CAN ENTER
- Subject to clause 5 and 6, entry is open to all people over the age of 13, as of the date of entry, who have fulfilled the requirements set out below.
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, Logan City Council can enter the competition but are not eligible to receive the prizes for this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse,
ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Logan City Council (ABN 21 627 796 435) of 150 Wembley Road Logan Central QLD 4114 (‘Promoter’).
- Any entrant who is under the age of 18, as of the date of entry, must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify their consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release may also require the entrant’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the entrant. The release must be completed with the full name, address and telephone number of the entrant’s parent or guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the entrant’s entitlement to any prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
HOW AND WHEN TO ENTER
- Entrants may enter this competition during the Promotional Period (defined below) by:
- DRESS your home or business in the colours of the Commonwealth Games or your heritage
- TAKE a photo of your home or business
- UPLOAD to social media
- HASHTAG #lifeinlogan on the photo.
- Filters may be applied and photo editing software may be used on images submitted as long as the work is original to the individual who is entering the competition.
- If you have taken a photo of an individual you must seek their prior approval before you submit your photo entry.
- Participants social media profile privacy setting must be set to public, so your images can be visible and for your entry to be valid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. All images will be reviewed for moderation by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. In particular, entries that are computer generated are invalid and will not be accepted.
- Photos must be taken within the City of Logan to be eligible for entry into the competition.
- The competition to win one of two $250 retail gift cards commences on Monday 26 February, 2018 at 9:00 AEST and closes on Wednesday 4 April, 2018 at 23:45 AEST (‘Promotional Period’). Entries after this date will not be considered as entries for the competition and thus will not be eligible to any part of the total prize value of $500.
- The Promoter does not take responsibility for entries which are not received for whatever reason.
- The two winners of the competition will be judged by Logan City Council officials from the valid entries received by Logan City Council, 150 Wembley Road, Logan Central QLD 4114.
- The winners will be notified by Friday 6 April, 2018.
- The winners will be notified on the Logan City Council social media platforms and via their own social media platform through a private message.
- The Promoter may choose additional entries to be used as replacement in the event that first entrant(s) chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take the prize.
- Prizes will be available for collection from reception at Logan City Council, 150 Wembley Road, Logan Central QLD 4114 after the winners have been announced.
PRIZES ON OFFER
- The prizes on offer are one of two $250 retail gift cards. Total value of prize pool is $500.
- If the Promoter is unable to make contact with the winners within 48 hours to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next chosen winner. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize may be subject to further Terms and Conditions in accordance with prize issuer terms and conditions.
- Prizes will only be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. social media platform account holder). The winner will therefore be, in each case, the account holder.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promoter reserves the right to reuse and repurpose images / content collected via this competition on lifeinlogan.com.au and for future marketing and promotional activities.
- The Promoter is not liable for third parties accessing and repurposing the images fromlifeinlogan.com.au
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems associated with telephone or of any telephone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to ensure the winners receive their prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. The prize is subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- Logan City Council collects entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners). We do not sell personal information to other organisations. We may disclose personal information to essential service providers connected to this competition including prize suppliers purely for the purposes of prize fulfilment for any winners. You may request access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, Legal Compliance Department, Logan City Council, of 150 Wembley Road Logan Central QLD 4114.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.